About Us: Applied Research and Program Evaluation
The Applied Research and Program Evaluation group (ARPE) provides research services and methodological and subject matter expertise to a broad client base. Our staff has experience in early education and care, K-12 education, higher education, public health, human services, and economic and workforce development, uniquely positioning us to bring comprehensive resources and diverse perspectives to our projects.
We routinely work with federal, state, and local agencies, school districts, quasi-public agencies, foundations, and not-for-profit organizations to help them address changes and challenges facing their organizations. Our research blends quantitative and qualitative methods to deliver findings that help our clients determine needs, assess outcomes, and identify opportunities for improvement.
Recent News & Updates
- Essential or Not? The Critical Need for Human Services Workers
- Way Finders’ City of Homes initiative in Springfield to be evaluated by the Institute
- BusinessWest Magazine: UMass Donahue Institute Marks 51 Years Of “Pushing Corners”
- Boston Globe: Human services agencies face staffing crisis, delaying services for those in need
- Institute lends evaluation skills to statewide early childhood education
- COVID-19: A Message to Our Clients, Partners, Colleagues and Friends (UPDATED)
- Retaking previously failed high school courses online: Promising Practices
- Gloucester Daily Times: Rockport, Gloucester study sharing school services